WA Kaolin Ltd | Wickepin based plant
WA Kaolin Ltd (WAK) is a growing company with plant and mining operations in Wickepin WA and pilot plant processing operations in Kwinana WA.
As a laboratory technician, you will be responsible for production sampling at the Wickepin on site Laboratory and report to the Operations Superintendent. The successful candidate shall possess a passion for laboratory or other work that requires attention to detail and adherence to procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to obtain work experience in a dynamic mining environment. This is a casual position that will suit an applicant looking for a flexible, vibrant workplace, with accommodation to be provided by the company in Wickepin for the duration of the work contract.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Sampling of kaolin from the pit, stockpiles and the plant during production.
- Performing instrumental and physical determinations for properties such as particle size, brightness and moisture content
- Transcribing data into database
- Reporting test results for finished product and non-conforming product
- Maintenance of stores for shipment and QC samples
- Liaising with customers on sample requirements
- Assisting with dispatch of samples
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have experience in Laboratory Techniques and skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills within a laboratory environment
- Be eligible to work within Australia
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- White card is preferrable
- NPC within the last 12 months
This is an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to build a career in an expanding company servicing both domestic and international markets.
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries, please contact Chandelle on 0429740329